Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beat the Heat!

It is ridiculously hot here.  We had no nice transition into summer, just jumped in with both feet apparently.  So here are some things we are doing to beat the heat:
This morning I made a "tent" of sheets in the backyard so that the girls could play in the water without getting burned.  It really worked quite well!
Lb didn't wear clothes all day!  He also has a cool, wet washcloth he is chewing on, for coolness as much as for his teeth.


I made this frozen hot chocolate as a treat when my friend Cheryl came over for lunch.  It was good, just need to make sure the ice chunks are small enough:)  I want to try it with the hot chocolate I was making this winter!

Do you have any suggestions for keeping cool???

1 comment:

Mom said...

Very creative with the sheets. Some of the carriers wear a neck buddy, some of them just wet a towel and hang it around their neck. A neck buddy is something they wet and hang around their necks, but it was made specifically for that.