Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Cool words!

New favorite word: Dysdiadochokinesia. Impairment of the ability to perform rapidly alternating movements. Talk about a hard word to spell. I put it in my word expander as ddo1. Then I don't have to type it out. I love my word expander and wish I could use it with other programs instead of just work. I have become quite lazy and get annoyed about having to really type other places. I especially get annoyed when I spell a word like nad, meaning and, and it doesn't get fixed automatically. How perturbing! I also just learned incontinetia pigmenti, which is a rare, genetic disorder characterized by unusual patterns of discolored skin.

Do you have to have a note if your child misses preschool? I had a report today where the doc issued a note for a missed day of preschool. That is ridiculous. Of course, we won't have to ever deal with that, but still a note for missing preschool!

Yellow sweet tarts are my favorite now! I was going to throw away this huge bag of candy we have until I saw that there are packages of sweet tarts. It is a wonder that I have any teeth left considering the amount of sugar that I eat!

I got a new cookbook yesterday, one that I have been wanting for a while. It is called Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. Very good old-fashioned cooking. Not sure how much of it I will be able to use with Mr. Picky, but there are things I want to try. She tells how to make your own meat stock and salad dressings and good stuff like that. Neat book. Goes against the current health trends and sticks with proven stuff.

I was supposed to take a nap today, but the girls played in their room for an hour before they fell asleep, and by the time they were asleep, I didn't' feel like sleeping any more. I had been playing around on the computer quite a bit instead of working as well, so I wanted to do some more work. One of the perils of working at home! Pilly is awake now so I don't have the option anymore.

It is Pilates time! Got to love those exercises!

No comments: