Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Snakes, ew!



That is what my dear husband got my 2-year-old daughter. She is obsessed with snakes because we saw one on our walk twice. Then I stopped walking that route. Now that it is getting cooler, we will be able to go that way again, but I avoided my favorite place to walk all summer because of a snake who lived under the bridge. But anyways, back to the snake in the picture...he is entirely too lifelike for me. His movements and color pattern are way too realistic! I hate hate hate snakes. I don't care if they eat rats and other rodents and keep us from being overrun with pests. I hate them. And then I will find that creepy thing lying odd places and scare myself. The other day Pnut sat it on the sink while we were brushing our teeth and he scared me because I didn't realize he was there. Ick, it gives me the shivers just thinking about snakes.

Last night, Pilly crawled out of the bathtub. She is 8.5 months old now and apparently can do all sorts of neat tricks. She stands up by herself and gives kisses and waves and says hi, mama, and dada. I know that it is only a matter of time before she starts walking. She is doing these things so much earlier than Pnut did, probably in an attempt to keep up with her. But, back to original story, I went out of the bathroom for a minute and somehow she climbed out of the tub and was leaving the bathroom when I went back. What a turkey! Pnut told her when I put her back in the tub, "Don't get out of the tub!" Pilly got a little uspet when I put her back.

I was informed today that Pnut is no longer the peanut. First, she said she was pumkin. Then after a few minutes she changed to apple. I think I will stick to peanut to avoid confusion!

I had to do a new account today so that I could train on it. The dictation was 70 minutes long. 70! It was ridiculous. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the doctor would say a sentence, and I would type it, and then he would change his mind and I would have to erase and write something new. It was annoying because he spoke at such a nice speed that I could mostly type without stopping, but I would have to stop erase and then it always goes back a little bit and I have to listen to stuff over again. So perturbing.

We looked at a house tonight. It is in the city. The real estate agent is going to look for other houses in similar price range in similar neighborhoods. I don't want to live in the city, but we cannot afford anything else. Our rent just keeps going up so it would be worth it to get somethign less expensive and be able to save some! We don't plan to stay there forever! It was a nice little house on a nice quiet street. It is a tiny little street and doesn't have very much traffic at all. As long as there are not people outside shooting each other or dealing drugs, I will be alright. It is near one of the colleges in the nicer part of the city. No yard, but there are parks close by. Hopefully close enough to walk to! That would be the hardest part because we spend so much time outside every day. But it is a matter of prayer right now. We know that God is in control and will provide what is best for us.

No comments: