I took a break from Christmas-present making to work on a baby gift tonight. I didn't have a choice. It has to be ready for tomorrow. In my defense, I only bought the fabric today! My cousin just had twins, and I made a receiving blanket for each of them. A friend of mine who recently had a baby raved about this large receiving blanket that she had. She actually had her mom make her a couple more because she liked them so much. She said it was so much easier to swaddle the baby in. So I decided to make them for the twins. I won't actually get to see them. I am giving them to my parents who will be seeing her parents. That is disappointing. I'm afraid to hold a baby though. It may bring back that baby desire that I successfully killed by visiting my friends that have five children. Anyways, back to the blankets. I did a zig-zag stitch in an effort to cover up my inability to sew in a straight line. Plus I think they look neat. However, I forgot how distracting that needle is when doing the zig-zag stitch. There were no major mishaps thankfully! I hope that she likes them. She should tell me that she likes them regardless of whether she does or not to protect my delicate sensibilities. Or I may just take them back because I think they are super cute!

This monkey one is for the little boy. It is my favorite out of the two. I just love the fabric! How cute is it?!

This sweet pea one is also cute. Sorry about the picture quality. Our camera is acting up and likes to spontaneously shut off. Did I mention that we do not have overhead lighting in the dining or living rooms? That makes taking pictures hard too! We will eventually get those lights fixed! Anyways, boy am I easily distracted tonight, I like this one, but the material isn't as soft and it isn't as bright. I like bright things!
Well, we have four hours of driving tomorrow for a family Christmas get-together so I guess I ought to get to bed! Happy Saturday everyone! Finish up that shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment