Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Repurposed Pillowcase

So a few weeks ago I bought a new pad for my ironing board.  It is thick and I was so excited to put it on.  I came home, took off the cover and the towel I had serving as a pad, and after I put on the new pad, I tried to force my old cover on top.  Well, much to my dismay, I broke it.  Apparently, that is a twill cord, not stretchy elastic that runs through the edges.  So now I had a nice pad but no cover, and with no cover to speak of, the pad just slid around when I ironed.  Wonderful.  My Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase book has an ironing board cover in it, but it takes a body pillow pillowcase, which is hard to find, especially at the thrift store.  I actually bought two of them for 50 cents a piece without even realizing.  So I now (after all this rambling) present to you:



It is so bright and cheerful!  I really like it!  It only took about an hour, about 20 minutes of which was spent threading the elastic through the casing-yuck!














I want you to look closely at that dish in front of that puppy.  One of Java's chewies is in there, and Pilly jealously guarded it.  She wouldn't let him near it!  Her puppy was eating.  I bet Javs wishes he was that well taken care of!















Never mind, he went in the living room and got some love anyway!  Do you like that pouty face?  We are working on having a pretty heart and a sweet face instead of ugly heart.  Someday it will come, she is doing better.  It just takes diligence!

No comments: