Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Ugh, Snow

 

I am officially tired of the snow.  I've had enough.  It can all leave now.  Parking is a nightmare.  It isn't going to melt until like May.  


 

The dog is enjoying himself, however.  He loves to bite it and run around in it and be crazy.  We got about 20-21 inches.  The girls cannot even play in it because they wouldn't be able to move.

 

We spent our Saturday finding inside things to do, which included blocks.  We love blocks and can play for about an hour with them.

 

We also played three games of CandyLand and the girls played in the basement.  Thank goodness our friends from Sunday School had their Superbowl regardless of the outside mess.  The girls and I had not been out of the house since Tuesday.  We had a lot of fun, and it made it easier to stay home today!
We are supposed to get up to a foot more starting tomorrow.  Yippee skippee.


 

And I wanted to show you this so that you could see why I limit the girls TV.  They were watching a music video.  Turn on the TV and they are zombies!  That is why we only do Sunday afternoons, one movie, or if we are going to be trapped inside all weekend, Saturday mornings as well.   

On another note, the girls and I have been watching zulucam.org, and it finally paid off today.  It is a camera that is set up at a wildlife reserve in Africa somewhere.  Today we saw two elephants!!  We were all really excited.  It gets dark there right around lunchtime here so that is when the animals start to come back.  Apparently, they also come early in the morning and the elephants come a lot at noon, but I haven't quite figured out the time differences yet.  I know we wouldn't see the early morning, but I don't know about the noontime.  It is worth it because different animals just wander by, but the elephants were the first that we were able to see really clearly and they stayed for a while!  Fun:)

 Well, tomorrow is Bible study, but I won't be going because I won't park or try to pull out of the parking spot in this crazy snow.  So it looks like we may be home for a few days again!

1 comment:

mrsament said...

I feel your pain! Church and my small group have been cancelled for 2 weeks now! :( One day we'll look back and laugh (when it's 100 degrees), but for now I can't laugh yet! Also, Jason and I were just talking, is someone taking care of Mrs. Gloria? I'm assuming Jayne or Mr. Guy, but wanted to be sure!