My sister Randa gave me this recipe. It is really good. It reminds me of the base for my tomato soup, which I love! It has a really nice garlic flavor.
3T Butter
1 onion, chopped
4 large carrots, chopped
4 c. Chicken broth
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 lb Fresh broccoli florets
2 c. half & half (or Heavy Whipping Cream or milk)
1/4 c. ice water
1/4 c flour
1T soy sauce
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Melt butter. Add carrots and onion and garlic until onions are white. Bring broccoli almost to a boil in chicken broth. Add butter mixture. Add any seasonings you want. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender to a fork. Pour soup into blend 1/2 at a time. Blend until smooth. Pour back in pot. Heat on low. Add half & half and soy sauce. Separately mix water and flour. Add to soup to thicken (make sure soup is fairly hot when adding).
I think I would blend a little less to make it chunkier. I probably didn't do a very good job thickening mine, and therefore it was just thin and nothing to chew on. I'm not a huge gravy maker so I don't have a lot of practicing thickening. I would definitely make this again. I'm sad that soup season is basically over!
In other news, I got a new foot pedal today for free! I was selling mine to someone from my work who still needs the old one, and she had an extra of the one that I need so we traded! It was great because now I don't have to wait for it to come in the mail. Now I just have to wait for the doctors to start dictating on the new system instead of the old one. In the meantime, I am working on my word expander, which we have to do by individual input again. It's frustrating because I can't get into my old one to just copy and paste! Oh well, I'll live.
The girls and I went to a special playground by where we used to live today and then we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. We were going to go to Rita's but it wasn't open when we got there. Thank goodness DQ was right across the street or I might have had a riot on my hands!
Hopefully I will have a picture tomorrow!
1 comment:
I forgot to tell you that you are supposed to reserve a cup of broccoli after it is boiled to put in at the end! I didn't do it but it gives you something to chew on
Post a Comment