Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Snow Day

Joel had off today to try to shovel us out.  That is one of the most frustrating things about living in the city:  Not having anywhere to put the snow.  It looks like they didn't plow the streets around our house because people shovel out their cars and throw it in the street and it doesn't melt like it does on more traveled streets.  Anyways, since Joel had off, he took the girls to the park first thing this morning for sledding.  This is them before they left:







And this is how LB felt about being left behind:





They weren't really gone that long.  They took one trip down the hill, fell off the sled, and Pnut decided she didn't like the snow.  She actually said, "I'm not so sure about this snow."  So then they came home.

I've been able to work some this week, but not really very much.  Today, Little Buddy woke up 10 minutes after I started and I was only able to get 2 jobs done total all afternoon while I tried to type, use the foot pedal, and rock him in his bouncy seat.  Fun times.  He slept a lot this morning so he didn't want to take a long afternoon nap.  And it is not that easy to wake up a baby who wants to sleep, especially one who seems to be able to sleep through almost anything.  Anything except the neighbors chipping away at an ice patch outside the room he sleeps in.  *Sigh*  We'll get onto a schedule someday. 

In case you didn't know, I hate the snow.  Hate, hate, hate it.  So now we will not be going anywhere that isn't absolutely necessary.  It is a good thing I am a homebody!

No comments: