Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

CHAP!

We went to the CHAP convention on Friday, which was great!  I got some great deals and saved some on our curriculum.  I also was able to learn about some neat stuff, understand the laws for homeschooling in this state a little better, and see some curriculum instead of just reading about it on the internet. 

We will be doing a different phonics program last year.  The one we used this year was great, but I am not as impressed with their course for next year, which was going to put us out $180.  Instead we are going with a book that only cost $24 but looks great.  I have a friend who uses the same program and is very pleased with it.  It will fit in with the rest of our Charlotte Mason-style curriculum better too! 

I got Narnia on CD for $22, and you can too!  Here is the link to Good Steward Books.  This is the Focus on the Family production, which is supposed to be really good. 

We are sticking with RightStart Math, which has been great.  Getting it at CHAP enabled me to save 10% and get free shipping:)

So it was exciting, and my mom survived taking care of five kids!  Next year we want to find someone else to take care of them so we can take her along and sucker her into buying some fun stuff:)

2 comments:

Kacy said...

you have a sister!

Mom said...

You know me too well. It sounds like Kacy's volunteering for next year :)