Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Crepes!

It has been such a long time since I have posted a new recipe.  We have been so busy and kind of just in a cooking rut!  Today, heh heh, I was feeling a little lazy.  Do you know the problem with not buying bread so that you force yourself to make your own?  You have to actually make it.  And that is work, friends.  So I didn't exactly feel like making bread today, and Pnut had been wanting to try this crepe recipe we saw in Food Network Magazine.  So we did!  It is super easy and tasty!

4 eggs
1 c whole milk
1/2 c flour
1 T sugar
1/8 t fine sea salt

Put everything in the blender and blend.  Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and melt some butter to coat the bottom of the pan.  Pour 1/4 c of batter in and let brown for about a minute.  Loosen edges with a rubber scraper and then flip.  Let cook for about a minute on the other side.  Make sure you butter the pan each time.  This will make 8-9 crepes. Sounds like a lot, but they aren't super filling since they are so thin.  I'm sure we could have each eaten two.

We put peanut butter and jelly on our and then sliced fresh strawberries.  I wrapped them up and sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top and sliced them in half.  Pnut and I really enjoyed them, LB licked all the stuff out of his but didn't eat the crepe, and Pilly claimed to not like it.  I think she didn't like her strawberries falling out the other side.
The recipe recommended a 10 inch skillet.  When I tried that with the prescribed amount of batter, it never firmed up enough to flip.  I'm not sure how you would spread anything on them without it tearing either.  I tore one of these.  We used a 7 inch skillet, and I didn't think they were too thick, but I'm no expert.
Thumbs up from the boy:)  (I didn't even notice that when I took the picture.)

The girls went for another bike ride today.  I asked them if they wanted to go for a short ride or a long one; they chose long.
They went for 2.25 miles!  That is a long ride!  (I found this cool site called www.runningmap.com where you can track out routes to find how long they are.)
The carnival is setting up at the playground, and they have camels!  We were amazed; they are huge!!

Overall, even with my laziness, it was a quite lovely day!

3 comments:

Kacy said...

Are those the camels Joel is giving Dad for you?

Kacy said...

Are those the camels Joel is giving Dad for you?

Nuts To You! said...

I'm sure if we could get ahold of those camels, the girls wouldn't let him give them to Dad!