Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Tree:)

Joel got the tree out on Saturday while I was out to breakfast.



This is only the second time we have had a tree since we have been married, the first being a very sad little Charlie Brown tree. We got this tree at Target for $17 last year after Christmas. It is pre-lit. That is great!



The girls were really excited to decorate the tree. We let them each get a special ornament at Wal-Mart. Pilly got a set of Winnie the Pooh and Pnut picked out a princess ornament. I think after Christmas I might go look for special ornaments for next year. These ones are plastic and seem kind of flimsy. I am afraid they are going to be removed frequently and won't have a long life!



Joel kept saying "put your ornament in a different spot!" They have about eight ornaments in a small space, but after they put those up, they did a good job spreading it out. They are also doing good so far at not removing them, but it gets more tempting each day.



Not that you can really see it, but here it is all decorated. We need to buy a star after Christmas too!

It was also doing this Saturday, which made for a lovely tree-decorating day:



Java loved the snow. We would put him outside and then forget that he was out there because he was playing in it so much.



It is mostly melted from the sun already (PTL!). I love it for like the first day it is here, but then once it starts to get dirty and in icy piles, I am ready for it to go.

*Cute story alert*

Tonight after her bath, Pnut wanted to tell me a Bible story. She started telling me about a shepherd who took care of his sheep, and the sheep were all white and had legs and arms but not feet like ours. One of the sheep got lost. After some prompting of "did he find the sheep?" she said that he did and it was hiding in the grass. She did a good job with the parable of the lost sheep! Except for the part where she added in that the shepherd spoke to a fairy named Joseph who didn't fight because he was a fairy. I think she was talking about Mary and Joseph but got confused with fairy and it went downhill. We have some work to do, but she is listening. Also, as she retold the parable to Joel, she was singing it, which was very interesting. It is like having our own comedy!

I took a break from sewing tonight, but I hope to get back at it tomorrow night. I have this dress that I would like to wear Sunday, but I would really have to get a move on to have it done. I am such a procrastinator sometimes!

Now, Professor Layton needs my help. See you on the flip side:)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I laughed out loud when I read the part about Joseph the fairy. If Dad heard me, I'm sure he's wondering what the noise was. I'm surprised he didn't jump out of bed to check on it.