Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Beach!


First of all, the weird...I pulled these plants and put them in a pile because I didn't have enough room in my trash bag for them.  They were still blooming several days later.  Morning glories are crazy around here.  They would take over the entire area if they were not kept in check.


We got to go the beach on Saturday for the day.  It is a 3 hour trip, which means we left pretty early!  We haven't been for 2 years since Pilly was only 9 months ago.  These children have no fear of the sand or water!


Pnut would have stayed in the water the entire day if we had let her.  The waves were really big and the current was really strong so it was a little hard to let them play in the water.  Pilly got knocked down quite a few times, and we were barely out in it.


They had fun in the sand too.  Here, they were playing "museum" and collected shells and rocks for it.  The girls also kept picking up seaweed.  Gross! 

So we were exhausted yesterday and spent the whole day resting basically.  I napped for at least 3 hours!  My lips are burnt, and that hurts.  I never remember to take chapstick to put on them! 

It is nice to only go for one day.  I'm not a fan of sand in my suit and all that, and it is hard with the girls because sometimes one goes one way and the other goes a different way and I'm afraid of losing both of them!  I think it would be nice to go in September when it is not crowded, but even so, I think just one day is nice!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You know I love Morning Glories. I tried to plant them several times since that year I grew them in front of the trailer. They won't grow for me:( Seeing new flowers each morning is cool.
Do you have any pictures of the girls in the water? I'm glad they enjoyed it so much.