I have my magazine back and will share the recipe hopefully tomorrow, but tonight I have too much to do. Instead, I will tell you about this awesome oatmeal Paula Deen made the other day and we had for breakfast this morning.
Cook your oatmeal in salted water per directions. Spoon into bowls and put in a pat of butter. Mix in brown sugar and raisins (which you could also add to cooking oatmeal to have them plump up). Pour heavy whipping cream over to get desired consistency. Slice bananas and mix in.
I have no measurements, just guesstimated everything. Yum-o! The girls and I loved it, and oatmeal is so wonderfully filling! Next time, we are going to omit the raisins and bananas and put in peaches instead. Peaches and cream oatmeal!
Anyways, we are supposed to have a yard sale with Joel's mom this Saturday so I have to go prepare some more for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment