Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Chocolate Banana Bread

When I first saw this recipe, I just wasn't too sure about it.  I know some people like bananas dipped in chocolate, but I never have because they are usually frozen.  I decided to go ahead and try it anyways.  Heavens!  This stuff is good:)

3/4 c banana chips
17.1 oz package banana-nut muffin mix
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c chocolate milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 large eggs
3/4 c semisweet choc chips
3/4 c 10x sugar
2-3 T heavy cream
1/2-1 t banana extract

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray two 6-by-3 pans with cooking spray.  Combine cocoa powder and muffin mix in large bowl.  Put banana chips in a bag and roll with rolling pin to crush.  Add chocolate milk, oil, and eggs and combine until well mixed.  Stir banana chips and choc chips.  Divide batter between pans.  Bake for 50-55 minutes.  Cool for about 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining the 10x sugar, heavy cream, and banana extract.  Drizzle glaze over loaves and then let cool completely.

I didn't use the banana chips.  I couldn't find a small package of them, and I don't overly enjoy banana chips to just eat.  I also used a banana bread mix...no nuts.  My package was only 14 oz, and it worked just fine.  My tins were 3 x 5 instead of 6 x 3 and I used 3, the last loaf was just a little smaller.

I'm on a baking kick and have a delicious cupcake recipe to share!  Hopefully I post some pictures of the children this week too:)

No comments: