We actually try to go on a picnic at least once a week, and these pictures are from last week's, but we had an interesting experience so you must bear with me again!
We again went to the rose garden because there are now 2 summer groups using the playground after 9:30 or 10:00. There are some really big kids, and the girls just won't play if it is really crowded.
They don't really mind playing and eating here. It is well-shaded, which the playground is not, and it is set up like a maze with lots of paths through it to run around in. Like a giant game of tag all the time, except they sometimes forget who is chasing who and just run willy-nilly all over the place.
He also doesn't mind going to the rose garden, even if it means sitting in a pink ladybug stroller. He got to eat some fruit and watch his sisters run around like maniacs. Very entertaining.
So it was a relatively normal picnic for the most party until the end. I was eating and the girls were done when I noticed a squirrel. I thought I would toss him a piece of bread from my sandwich, but I really just expected him to run away. He didn't.
I kept feeding him pieces, and he kept getting closer and closer.
The girls came over, and they were feeding him too. Pnut is now terrified of squirrels because I warned them from getting too close because I was afraid he would bite them, especially when the food ran out. He finally went in search of other sources of sustenance several minutes after we stopped giving him food. He continued to look up hopefully every time I moved my hand!




No comments:
Post a Comment