Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another Cherry Crest Day

We really are trying to take full advantage of our boomerang pass, and as the kids here went back to school Monday, we were hoping that Cherry Crest would be rather empty.  It was when we first got there, but as the day went on, many people came.  Not as crowded as last week but still quite busy.  I think we will go one more time in 2 weeks and then time will pretty much be up.  I took a picture of the girls riding on the pedal carts as I hadn't gotten a picture of that before.  It ended up being much more a workout for me than them.  Part of the track was slightly uphill, and they just couldn't get going on it.  They did fine coming down...except for steering!:)

I also took a far-away picture of all the kids on the big spider web.  We were there with my niece and nephew today, which the girls enjoyed immensely!
One of the things that I really love about homeschooling is the flexibility.  We can miss to do fun things and make it up later.  It doesn't bother us as much to start early or go longer when it doesn't take nearly as long!

In other news, I have the beginnings of a sinus infection so I took my cure-all this morning:  I chopped up a clove or garlic, smothered it in honey, and drank an entire glass of milk.  I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow morning, but I've never had to do it more than 2 days in a row.  Garlic is antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal and doesn't have any of the nasty side effects that antibiotics can have.  Coating it in honey really helps with the sharp taste and the milk balances out the acid in the garlic.  Unfortunately, the girls cannot use this remedy but just wait until they are bigger!  Haha!

I'm posting this blanket on etsey tonight:




I am partial to the pink ones! 

I'm not going to be up very late tonight.  The girls are at my parents', but I am so tired I won't be able to stay up and enjoy the free time.  Have a great evening!

No comments: