Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Donuts!

To make our donuts, I used the brioche dough from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book.  (That book is totally worth it!)  Here is a link to a brioche dough recipe online actually on the artisan website!  I cut the recipe in half and am hoping to make sticky buns with the rest.

After your dough is ready, you roll it out to a half-inch and cut into 2 inch squares.  Let it sit for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, begin heating your oil in your pan.  You are supposed to have 3 inches of oil and bring the temp to 360-370.  I don't think I had a full 3 inches and ours were fine.  When the oil is ready, put two or three in the pan at a time.  It says to let them cook for two minutes on one side, but ours were ready in less than a minute!  Then flip them, let them cook and take them out to drain on a paper towel.  Sprinkle or roll in powdered sugar.  I think I'd like to put just granulated sugar on them sometime or make a chocolate ganache to dip them in. 

They were delicious!

No comments: