Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lamenting

Well, tonight I am not excited. Joel leaves at 1:30 in the morning. I will be sleeping. I think what is bothering me the most is that he is going to be across the country. Last fall, the girls and I went to stay with some friends for a few days. We were two hours away. I knew if there were some kind of problem, Joel was only two hours from us. Now he will be like 2000 miles away. Not cool. I know we will survive this and that it will be a neat time to spend with his mom and some of my family, but it is just this initial leaving that is hard. We don't spend much time apart in case you can't tell.

In other, happier, news, I got $90 worth of clothing for Pnut for $30 at a local consignment shop that was doing their dollar days sale. They do a summer one and a winter one so I always buy ahead for the next year. I can't believe that she is going to fit into some of these clothes then! I am glad we went today. We got there 10 minutes after it opened, and the store was packed. I think things are already pretty picked over. The only thing I couldn't find that I wanted to was a swimming suit for her. Honestly, I think she will still fit in her 3T one next year, but I do like to be prepared. She doesn't actually fit into the 3T one yet. But who knows, she could have a growth spurt.

In case you cannot tell, yesterday started the posts without pictures until Joel returns with the camera. Boo! I bet he comes back with some pretty crazy pictures!

Well, I should probably head to bed. Joel and Jason are playing some game that involves a lot of shooting. That may be my cue to exit!

1 comment:

Mom said...

At least we aren't too far away if there is a problem while Joel is gone. Enjoy your visit with Jane and didn't you say Aunt Tammy was coming while she's there? Call if you need anything.