Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dresses and Bubbles

I have a lot of photos tonight!:)

I finished Pilly's dress today so I can show them to you. Pnut wanted to wear hers today, but I asked her to wait until Pilly's was done. She acquiesced, but not very willingly.



I am very pleased with how cute the dresses are. The casing for the ribbon was definitely the trickiest part! If I make them again, I will probably do it differently.



I love Pill's buttons. I think they make it so cute! Of course, she is cute too.



Pnut especially just loves her dress. I am not sure why. She does like things that I make for her. She is such a sweetie!

We also tried out something new today...homemade bubbles. Pilly kindly dumped the rest of our bubbles on the ground Monday evening so I had the opportunity to make these. The recipe is 1/2 c dish soap, 2 c water, and 2 tsp sugar. They turned out thicker than the storebought bubbles so I think they worked better. Next I want to make string circles like on Mr. Roger's the one day to dip in the bubble solution.

The girls had a lot of fun with the bubbles. They also had to get a bath afterwards, if that tells you anything.



Pilly was basically just happy to get herself all wet. She did try to blow the bubbles, but she was just as happy dunking her hands in the solution.



Pnut was doing a good job blowing them until she noticed how wet Pilly was.



Then her arms started to go in too.



See, at least she was holding a bubble blower. Notice the wet pants...they were totally soaked until she was done.



Pnut kept wiping her hands on the front of her shirt so it was pretty sticky and gross.

We had a meeting at church tonight so I knew we would be getting back too late for bath time anyways so I didn't mind giving them a bath early. They are crazy kids!!

Have a wonderful night. I leave you with this:

1 comment:

Randa said...

when was laine at your house?!? (the last picture) I think that i will try the home made bubbles - the kids have trouble using the store bought ones! I love the dresses