On our way to Baltimore, we stopped at a potato chip factory and took their tour. It was fun (and free), and we got to eat fresh potato chips that the tour guide pulled right off the bet. I think hot potato chips are a new favorite treat but not something you can really recreate at home! Pnut was obstinate and wouldn't try the chips. Sometimes she is shy around too many people so I guess that is what it was. Oh well, more chips for the rest of us! We ate a picnic lunch at a state park and then went to the playground where we were attacked by bees. No one was actually stung, they were just swarming all over the place! Yuck!
The next day we went to the zoo. The girls have never been to a zoo, and I haven't been since my junior year of high school.

This is in front of the zoo. We had to wait a few minutes for it to open, and the girls (and their dad) had a wonderful time racing around in it!

Pilly wouldn't let me walk away. She tried to hop off so I had to stay.

How can you not find these little rodents cute?

Little Bird sat in Big Bird's nest.

She was not as fond of this nest. Pilly wouldn't sit in either of them!

She went back and forth across this thing like three times. Pilly went too, but she couldn't be trusted to stay on there without one of us. She is liable to leap off!

Haven't you always wanted to ride one?

Here is my turtle,
He lives in a shell.
He like his home
Very well.
He pokes his head out
When he wants to eat.
And pulls it back in
When he wants to sleep.

I think he is cute. Of course, he is behind glass and that may help.


Pilly was strangely unadventerous for her. She did not want to sit on things or in things. But at least she was captured as a turtle!

The girls were able to pet and brush the goats. They did not want to leave, especially Pill. She is quite the animal lover!
My favorites were the giraffes. I love their pattern and their funny way of standing and their long tongues! Joel got the lion all wound up somehow. He was behind glass as well, and when we walked up to it, he started roaring and Joel was talking to him and he kept roaring!
The penguins were having their exhibit cleaned so we didn't get to visit them. That was sad. Pilly was especially excited when we mentioned them! Pnut liked it all. She dallied longest at the elephants, but I suspect that may be just because she liked climbing on the railing there.
Tonight, I am going to open my sewing machine again! I am very excited! I am not, however, excited to return to work tomorrow. I think it has been good for my wrists to be off. They weren't popping as much without me using the computer. I really didn't mind having no computer access. I guess it would probably bother me if it were for a longer time, but it is relaxing to be away from it!
Have a wonderful evening!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great trip to the zoo and aquarium! We are planning to go to "Boo at the Zoo" next month and I am looking forward to the new prairie dog exhibit. Was it neat? I'm sorry that it is has taken so long to get back to you about the book exchange. I feel guilty, but with everything going on right now I'm not going to be able to participate. Sorry to let you down! Hope to cross paths soon!
Post a Comment