Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Frustration

This is like the most boring week of blog posts ever.  I did finish Pill's shirt today, but I was going to post it at the same time as Pnut's shirt.  They don't take long so hopefully soon.  We managed to go to the playground today, which was freezing!  It felt warm in the sun in our backyard, but it was super windy in the not-enclosed spaces, which would include everywhere except our backyard.  I hadn't realized it was so windy so my coat was a leetle bit thin. 

I'm having a rough week as far as work goes.  We got a virus on our computer on Saturday that got through our virus protection.  Thankfully, our friend Brad was able to get it off, and the computer seemed okay.  However, I have not been able to work all week because my work program is not okay.  We don't know why it is the only thing affected and don't know if it is really connected to the virus or something else.  I have spent the last two days with IT taking over our computer and deleting and reinstalling things and trying all sorts of stuff.  Now, they say our only option is to erase our entire hard drive and reinstall XP.  Ummm, we'll have to think about that for a minute.  We do not have any of our files backed up (yes I know that is bad), but the worst part would be our pictures.  Do you have any idea how many pictures we have on here???  And how much space they take up on a disk?  So we would have to buy an external hard drive to put them all on.  Joel wants to make sure that all options are exhausted before we do that.  We don't even know if this is connected to the virus at all because nothing else is having a problem and it has been uninstalled and reinstalled.  It seems like if the virus were the problem, it would be taken care of now. 

So I'm a little frustrated.  Sometimes computers are not quite as great as we think they are!

2 comments:

Merry Jo said...

Shawna,
I back up our pictures about every month on CD. Some months all fit on 1 CD, and others take 3. :) A CD can fit a lot of pictures. Just a thought...

Mom said...

Another idea is an SD card or a flash drive. They come in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. They are more expensive than CDs, but can hold so much more. (Of course they are smaller and easier to misplace.)