Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mini Meatloaves



1 lb ground beef
1 pkg stuffing mix (or bread crumbs soaked and drained in milk)
1 c water (unless using milk bread crumbs...then don't add water)
1 t garlic powder
3/4 c bbq sauce
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix meat, stuffing, water, and garlic until well blended. Press evenly into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Make an indentation in each with the back of a spoon.
2. Spoon in bbq sauce evenly.
3. Bake 30 min or until meat loaves are cooked through. Top evenly with cheese, continue baking until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I cut the recipe in half because we don't need 12 meatloaves. Joel and I each eat 2 usually. We do the milk-bread crumb thing, I think Joel learned that on Food Network. The bbq sauce is a nice change from the usual spaghetti sauce. I made the biscuits from a recipe on www.ThePioneerWoman.com. It was something like No Knead Dinner Rolls. However, because I am a chronic yeast killer, mine didn't turn out so well...kind of heavy! I recommend lining the muffin tin with aluminum foil if it will go in nicely because cleaning up the muffin tins can be a little challenging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mini Heart Shaped Meat LOAVES! I love it! I've got to find a way to mark this post! I know~ I'll add you to my google reader and then STAR this post! MWAH ha ha ha haha ha!!!