Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Decorating Commences

Today, as Thanksgiving is officially over, we began our Christmas decorating.  We started with some things I saw on Pinterest!  I thought this idea for the windows was really neat, although it looked neater on there because they had different shaped ornaments and such.

We also tried these 3D snowflakes.  On one site, they have templates, which I couldn't get to print (not the site I linked).  That was after we had tried making them out of construction paper, which did not work.  They were very tiny as I only wanted to use one piece of paper per snowflake, and the tape also didn't stick as well to construction paper.  So we ended up making each point out of a 4 x 4 piece of computer paper.  Much, much better!



They really are neat, and LB loves them.  He just stands under them and giggles.  I'm glad he is delighted!  We won't be making many more of these (if any).  They are very time consuming!  However, it is an excellent fine motor skill practice!

We are probably putting up our tree Sunday.  I do love having it up, but I am not looking forward to the many "no's" that will be coming out of my mouth because of a certain little boy!  Have you started decorating yet?

1 comment:

Mom said...

The snowflakes look similar to the ones I used to make out of basket reed. Remember them? They might be easier to make out of strips of paper like the reed.