Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Throwing in the Towel

I'm done.  I admit defeat.  I cannot decorate with food.  Cannot.  Proof:

That is supposed to be a Minnie Mouse cake pop.  Of course, you may not be able to tell, but one of the ears if falling off towards the middle.  Let me give you a side view:
What's that you say?  That is the most misshapen Minnie Mouse head ever?  I know.  I don't know why I thought I would be able to make these.  Sometimes I can't even pull off a two layer cake.  I honestly don't know why I try.  I have several friends and a MIL who do wonderful food decorating.  I really have no patience for it, and before I even got this far I was thinking how much my back hurt from all the standing I had to do.  So, in a way, I was relieved when it didn't work. 

The girls at Pilly's party will be having cake balls covered in chocolate and decorated with heart sprinkles.  And I don't even think they will care! 

But, if you ever hear me say I am going to do something that sounds like it involves decorating food, just says cake pops.  And I will remember, hang my head in disgust, and call the Giant.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Aw, come on, don't sound so defeated. You know the saying: "If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again." :)

The girls will never know the difference. They will love their chocolate covered cake balls, with sprinkles.