Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

We are here

We are here and connected to the internet! It has been a very busy week, and I am thankful that I didn't' have the option of working or playing on the computer. Almost all of our boxes are unpacked. There are two or three that have papers and little things that I don't know where to put. The girls are enjoying their new home. The first night Pnut said that she wanted to go home and was very upset when I told her this was our new home. She was fine soon after and has been since then. She asks about the cows and where they are, but we have some squirrels who play right outside so she really likes those. Pilly has actually had a harder time than Pnut. She is so easygoing that I thought she would just settle right in, but she has been clingy and fussy a lot. Each day she gets a little better so I think it is just taking her some time to adjust. She is not napping as well either so I am sure that plays into it!

We have had some problems as I am sure that anyone who buys a house does. The water heater has been a point of irritation. For some reason, the pilot light keeps going out. A friend who used to work for the gas company came over and looked at it and said that sometimes when they haven't been in use for a long time, the get air or particles in them and have to get that out of the system. It has gotten better, I think it has been two days since Joel has had to relight it, but we have to keep checking. We don't want to run out of hot water! The lights in the dining room and living room don't work. Thankfully, at the apartment we had lots of lamps so we have just been using those. Our friend is an electrition and said that sometimes it is the main wire and that can be very expensive to replace so we are going to have to wait until we get our tax return to check that out! We had to order our new stove, which we knew we were going to have to do. It was just expensive. And Lowes will not install it since it is a gas stove. So much for their instillation guarantee:) I really like cooking on the gas stove. The heat is so even! We just can't use the oven. I didn't realize how much I used the oven until it wasn't an option. Lowes cannot deliver it until December 23. So we have to be creative and think of some stove top meals so we don't have to eat the same thing over and over!

I love having a washer and dryer. It is great! I can do one small load of clothes a day and don't have to worry about if I can get it done during naptime or not. It is also nice to not have to take the quarters out of Joel's paycheck! The girls really like their room. It is so open. It is my favorite room. The walls are yellow and it just looks really cheerful in there. I will probably post pictures of it once I finish their curtains. I didn't get to make the curtains for our room because we found out that there is a very bright street light right outside of our room and needed something fast! I am also thankful that we are on the end so that we have windows. I like light. Our neighbor only has windows in the front. That would be terrible!

Ok. I really need to go because there are things to do. I haven't found a place to set up my sewing machine yet so I haven't gotten to use it but hopefully that will come tonight. Thanks for reading this long post!

2 comments:

Sha and Michelle said...

Yay! Your Back - and it sounds like you've been busy.

My sister and I rent a house. I remember when we moved in 2 years ago - I didn't do anything until everything was unpacked - I hate living out of boxes.

My aunt just moved last month and they are still unpacking - of course it's alot harder for yall, yall both have babies!!! (my aunt has a newborn and a 9 yr old) I can't imagine moving with kids!

Anyway, glad to see you're back and I look forward to those stove top recipes and cute kid photos!!

-Sha

Janellybelly said...

Hi Shawna
I am so glad you're all settled into your new home :) Hope the 'hiccups' get sorted out very soon.
Blessings
Janelle xx