This will again be a post with no pictures. I know they are not as fun, but today was a bit of a crazy day. Surprise, right?!
Yesterday after her nap, Pnut woke with a rash. It was kind of a strange rash. It started out on her torso, almost like a shirt, and then moved down to her legs. I called the doctor and they said that it was probably hives and to give her Benadryl. I also asked my visiting nurse Carolyn to come over and check her out. She agreed with the diagnosis so Benadryl was purchased. (Carolyn is really my friend who happens to be a nurse and accomodates my demands) Anyways, besides a midnight low-grade fever and one-hour arousal, everything was back to normal this morning. Then again after nap, she had a rash, but her face was swollen around her glands, she could only open her left eye halfway, and her right ear was very swollen. I called the doctor for an appointment, took pictures so they would know what she looked like, and gave her more Benadryl. We went, and they put her on Claritin and Zantac for three weeks. I am going to try to take her off after one and two weeks to see if the symptoms come back. If they are not totally cleared up after three weeks, she has to go to an allergist. The doctor said it could be a viral infection that she is reacting too or it could be something else. I am praying that it is the infection. She hates the medicine (it does taste horrible-no sugar in it) and I cannot imagine her having to take it forever.
This is only the third time in her entire life that she has been to the doctor for a sick visit. The others were at 3 and 6 months. I hate taking them to the doctor and I hate having them on medicine, but I want her to be able to breahe. That is the next step I think...that her throat would probably start to swell. I most certainly do not want that!
I did sew tonight, but I didn't finish my shirt. I guess I won't be wearing it tomorrow!
Have a good night...I am going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment