Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tents and Tea Parties

One of the most wonderful things about having the girls so close in age and having two girls is that they play so nicely together!



We made a tent out of blankets and chairs, and they played under there for about an hour while I worked! Awesome:) They have watched a total of two hours of TV this week! They are so much more pleasant when they don't watch it!

They had a tea party under the tent, which they got to use their real tea set for, but the tea party had a problem: Java ate Pilly's cookie. I told her he would if she didn't eat it quickly enough, but she put it down on her plate anyways. They wanted water for their cups, but I had to say no. I know these two, and they like to throw water once they start playing! They are a little crazy in the bath.

Oooh, let me tell you about that turkey I made yesterday. First of all, I am not a fan of handling whole, raw birds. It just grosses me out a little. And what's up with all of that blood in the bottom of the turkey package? Gag me. But anyways, I managed to get it into the oven and fully cooked in time for supper. The guy we had over to share it with us was shocked that it was the first turkey I've made because he thought it was excellent!:) I like him, he can come back for supper. Joel really liked it too. As far as turkey goes, it was the best I've had, but I would necessarily choose to eat it over chicken! I coated the top with melted butter and sprinkled some sea salt on and then put strips of bacon across it. That was Joel's desire. His mom used to make it like that. The bacon flavored the meat nicely and the white meat was very juicy. Whew, I'm glad that is over for this year!

In other exciting news, I just know you love reading about this, Pilly pooped in the potty tonight of her own initiative! She told me she needed to go, and she did! No, I haven't started potty training her yet. Maybe she will just do it herself. Pnut also had another dry night last night:)

Alright, I need to wrap this up. I've got things to do!:)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good job Pilly and Pnut!
I'm glad your turkey turned out good.