Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Crafts-Kids Gifts

Well hello!  We have had a wonderful break, and I am glad to be back.  This coming week is going to be full of craft posts of the things I made for Christmas, and I am excited to share them with you.  

Today, I will show the kids gifts.  They were well received!

I made capes for all of the kids: 











































Anthony was very excited when he saw his, and he said, "I hope I can really fly with this now!"  So Randa and Eric will have to watch him pretty closely!

Anthony's was the hardest to make because he had two silky fabrics that didn't have sparkles on.  The girls's fabrics were all silky, but they had sparkles so they didn't slide around so much.  Anthony's was the worst.  Silky fabrics are definitely not my favorite!  I don't know how my mom made our prom dresses!  















I also made them these mailboxes with envelopes that have removable names and stamps.  Now they can send each other mail.  My brother-in-law suggested I put chore lists in there for them:)  Since I made them for my niece and nephew as well, he will now have the opportunity to do that!

The kids gifts were fun because they were so excited about everything once they opened them!  

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!I bet the kids loved them! I especially like the pic with you in the background in your robe. Don't you just love Christmas morning pictures?

Sara Sophia said...

Just saw this post Shawna and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mailbox idea. You absolutely have to make some of those for your Etsy shop. That is an item I'd love to do a natural parenting spotlight on. Those would be perfect in a Montessori or Waldorf playroom made in neutral colors. I think it is just the best idea ever<3

xoxo,
Sara Sophia