First of all, I have to post this picture of Pilly for Randa and my mom to shock their order-loving minds:
Pnut and Pilly dress themselves in the mornings, and sometimes the choices are interesting:)
We collected acorns today and tried to paint them orange to look like pumpkins, which I saw on a homeschool blog. However, our orange finger paint didn't show up very well. The girls still had fun.
An now for granola bars:
This from the Taste of Home magazine that Randa left here by accident, p. 64, current issue!
3.5 c quick-cooking oats
1 c chopped almonds
1 egg, beaten
2/3 c butter, melted
1/2 c honey
1 t vanilla
1/2 c sunflower kernals
1/2 c flaked coconut
1/2 c chopped dried apples
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon
Spray a cookie sheet generously with cooking spray and then spread oats and chopped almonds evenly over tray. Bake at 350 for about 15 mintues to toast. Meanwhile, combine egg, butter, vanilla, and honey and stir until everything mixes together evenly. The honey resists a little bit. Add everything except oat mix and coat evenly. Then add oat mix and mix thoroughly. Regrease cookie sheet and spread with granola. Pat down evenly over tray. I think if you press it more than I did, it won't be so crumbly when you remove it. Bake at 350 for 13-18 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool and then cut into bars.
This stuff is good! I think it would make a good granola cereal too, so I may have to try that out.
I failed my glucose test. They just hadn't gotten to call yet yesterday. Boo. Oh well, by the time I get the blood sugar monitor, I will only have 10 weeks left. And hey, Pnut was only 6 pounds so may be this baby will be small like that too! I actually think it will be easier this time because we don't eat a ton of carbs. For supper, we usually just have our meat and vegetable and breakfast is easy to do without going over the carb limit. The only thing will probably be lunchtime with sandwiches, and bread isn't the worse thing to eat carb-wise. At least the diabetes goes away after the baby comes!
Have a lovely evening! I'm going to try to clear the table off. Again.



1 comment:
I do not remember these pants. How sure are you that I got them? I rarely buy things without a shirt to match so where is that? (It looks like you need to find it for her!)
Post a Comment