I only have enough fabric for 2 more nursing covers! I still have to go get red thread to finish off the one that is half done, but I'm excited to be close to done with this stage. It will be a nice change to start on the baby kimonos. I might take one night and just do all of the washcloths at once too. This is nerve-wracking. What if no one buys anything from us? I'll feel awful silly!
I might start talking about homeschooling on here as it is coming up more and more in our lives. Pnut will start kindergarten in the fall. I'm so thankful that I have the option to homeschool her. I just can't imagine sending her away all day. One of the reasons I want to homeschool our children is because I just enjoy being with them. They are some of my favorite people! We will be doing reading and math with a curriculum, but for now, I'm not getting anything else. There is a neat book about God and Science at the library with lots of experiments so we may check that out. I've heard good things about the Usborne Book of World History. It covers topics from the beginnings of civilization until the early 1900's. I want to use a lot of biographies and first-hand accounts because I think that makes history so much more interesting. It will be fun to be able to go off on tangents of things that the girls and eventually LB find really interesting. It will also be interesting to see how much my homeschooling technique evolves. I've already changed things that I am doing with them, and we haven't even officially started yet. I'm learning to be a lot more relaxed. Pushing them just isn't worth it. What good is it if they know something but didn't enjoy the learning? All it does is bring a lot more stress to our day!
So there is my first homeschooling blurb. It is 9:58. I could start cleaning really quick. Or not. Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment