Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Saturday Picnic

This past Saturday Joel was participating in an all-day softball tournament so we had to do something fun.  We had the car so we drove to a fun community park and had a picnic there after some running around.  (For those of you local, this is Overlook Park.)

This playground is so neat because there are several pieces of playground equipment and some other really neat things to do!
 This is another one of the playgrounds:
The girls love these spider-web things to climb:

This is a Sit and Spin of sorts.  The girls usually only make it a couple of times around and then get off
One of Pnut's favorite things to do is climb the rocks.  There are about 4 of them to climb, but she has to utilize the highest one.  Of course.





Pilly learned to pump recently, and that has made it much more pleasant to take her to the playground as swinging is one of her favorite things!

You can also do this:

That is one mulch cake complete with candle.  I didn't tell her, but while she was sitting there building a spider climbed off of her back.  I'm not sure how she would have reacted.  Pnut would have flipped out. 


My favorite part of the playground is where we had our picnic.  They have a pavilion and several picnic tables, but we chose the more fun option:
It is a large tree stump for a table and little ones to sit on.  How cute is that?  I'm pretty sure some hobbits had lunch here at one point.
Someone had to sit on the ground to play.  He was supposed to be content while we ate.  Then he fell over and had to sit in my lap and eat crushed up pretzel-crackers.
Prepare to be charmed!
He wasn't smiling when I looked at him, but I pointed the camera, and while I was pushing the button, I looked at the girls.  I was so tickled with this picture!  He is such a ham!  He knows what to do when the camera points at him:)

We tried to go to Rita's on the way home, but it was 11:45 and they weren't open yet.  Lame-O.  So we came home and ate ice cream here.  It was fun and took up quite a bit of our morning!

No comments: