Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cooking Club-PW Style

It was my turn for cooking club today, and I was really pleased with the things I made.  We had Corn and Cheese Chowder, Chicken Melts, Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce, and Blackberry Tea.  The soup and dessert were both Pioneer Woman recipes so I am just linking them instead of retyping!  The dessert was really delicious!  The maple cream sauce is really the magical touch!  I did cut the amount of peppers in half in the soup, and I was glad, but I am not a huge pepper fan.  I also didn't include the onions because I don't like onion in my soup! 

Chicken melts are really easy.  I made chicken salad out of some chicken tenders I cooked last night just with mayo and then made grilled cheese with chicken salad in between the two layers of cheese.  It is a very filling sandwich.  I love the warm chicken salad.

The girls were upstairs playing with Kate, who is just a little bit younger than Pilly, and they were laying in the hallway with all of the doors shut so that it was dark.  They had their blankets and Jackie said they said "did you see that shooting star?"  How cute are they!

No comments: