I had CC here on Friday, and we enjoyed our lunch! It is always so nice to get together and talk and eat and let the kids play! I tried some recipes from my latest issue of Food Network Magazine, which was a good one and mostly about chocolate!
From page 88, Indian Chicken Wrap
1 1-in piece ginger, peeled
1 serrano chile pepper, halved, seeded, and roughly chopped
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1/2 t ground cumin
salt
1/2 c plain yogurt
2 T fresh lime juice
1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted because I don't like cilantro)
1 T veg oil
2 c shredded chicken
2 medium carrots, shredded
4 pitas, warmed
Combine ginger, pepper, onion, cumin, and a little salt in small food processor and process until paste-like. Mine was just chopped really small, never became pasty. In separate bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, and an little salt, stir, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Over medium-high heat, heat oil and put in paste. Cook for about 5 minutes until most of the water is gone. Add chicken and heat through.
Put chicken filling in pitas, spoon some yogurt filling over the top, and enjoy!
I am not a huge fan of spicy food, but I did like this. I would probably put more yogurt on mine if I had it again, maybe on the top and bottom as I still had a bit of a hard time, but it was really good.
And now for a brief cute children intermission:
They enjoy it as much as we do! They all really enjoy playing together...isn't it amazing that the boys now outnumber the girls?! Those little ones like this arrangement as they can reach each others' trays...we are going to have to think about that a little!
I made this salad:
It is pear, candied walnut, and blue cheese over romaine with a maple syrup dressing:
4 T EVOO
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T and 1 t maple syrup
1/2 t Dijon mustard
Put in something that you can shake and shake it! Then drizzle over salad. I love vinaigrette and salad with candied nuts and a little fruit...oh my goodness! Jackie is the first one who introduced me to that bit of loveliness...see all the good that has come of our monthly get togethers?! So fun:)
I made s'mores brownies for dessert. There is an insert in every magazine of 50 of something, and this month was 50 different brownie recipes. There are so many good looking ones!
Line 8 x 8 pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325. Line foil with graham crackers. In pot on stove, melt 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 stick butter over low heat. Off heat, whisk in 3/8 c brown sugar and 3/8 c sugar. Let cool, but the sugar cools it down pretty well. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, whisking. Stir in 1 t vanilla. Add 1/2 c flour and 1/4 t salt. Spread in pan. Cook 35 minutes, top with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and bake for 10 more minutes.
These were really good, especially while they were still warm. I don't think they taste overly like a brownie, but they are delicious! I also accidentally used milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet, and it wasn't too sweet so I was glad!
Food Network Magazine is still my favorite magazine and one I highly recommend!



No comments:
Post a Comment