Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bib and Watch

I finally got to sew tonight (or do anything crafty) for the first time in a week. This is crazy! I finished the bib that I started last Monday or so. Of course, I have had the fabric for well over a month. It was hard to get a good picture of it. The color did not show up well. Here it is totally done:



Here is a picture before the ruffle and tie went on:



The ruffle is a dark brown with white polka dots, and the tie is the same color as the appliques.

Tonight, during the less intense moments of Lost (whenever they were), I made my watch. I bought the face for it when Carolyn and I were out a few weeks ago. Then, when Nikki was here last week, we went to Michael's and I bought the focal beads. It fits pretty well. It still slides a little bit on my arm, but not as badly as some other watches have. I am glad to have one because we never know what time it is when we go to the playground. Here is the face:



I like the bronze quite a bit. Here is the side detail:



It is the blue bead, then a white pearl, and then two bronze colored stones and then another pearl, blue bead, etc. I think it looks so nice on. Maybe I should have picked a different place for that picture!

So far, we have had an uneventful week. No one has eaten anything, everyone's hair is still intact, we are doing well. I am praying that that continues. Last night, Pilly woke up at 9:00 and was inconsolable unless I was holding her so I ended up going to bed and holding her the entire night. She is not fun to sleep with. She is squirmy and kicks, and I am always afraid that she will roll of the bed. Somehow, she can take up half the bed, and Joel and I were crowded on to one side. This is not going to become a habit!

Tomorrow, Cheryl and Baby Landon are coming for lunch. I am making tomato soup and am really excited! It has been too long since we have had it. I am making a double batch so that there is plenty to freeze. I hope everyone is having an equally exciting Thursday! Have a great night:)

Shawna

P.S. Sha models her new apron here!

No comments: