Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Progress is Slow

So last night I am pretty sure that I said I wasn't going to stay up late sewing anymore. I am temporarily rescinding that statement. I worked this evening (after I had played two levels of Jewel Quest) so I didn't get started sewing until about 9:15. Then I had to practice appliqueing since I have never done it before. Then I thought I was going to finish this project. Silly me. I should know by now that my projects always get complicated! Here it is in its current state:



I only need to do the tie for the top, but that will be waiting until tomorrow night. For some reason, the pattern calls for a 1 x 34 piece of material for the tie. Then you fold each side under 1/4 inch and press and fold in half and press so until you are done, the ties is only 1/4 inch wide on either side of the bib. It is ridiculous. So tomorrow night I am going to cut a new one a little bit wider! There is supposed to be a ruffle around the edge, but since it is for a boy, I thought it would be too girly. According to Joel, however, it would not be girly and I should take apart the two pieces of the bib and put a ruffle in there. Mr. Overachiever! I think I will let it alone.

This was my first time doing applique, and I loved it! I didn't zoom in so you can't see the detail very well (maybe that was planned) but it turned out so much nicer than I thought it would for my first project! It just takes a little patience is all, especially for the fork. Usually I do not enjoy tedious projects like that, but I really enjoyed this. I'm already thinking up some more stuff to do:)

We had a much better day today than yesterday. Children behaved. We took two walks and even played on the playground. I had real work and wasn't quite as slow as yesterday. I have to get back into typing mode. My speed has slowed down since I have had about a month off.

Friends are coming tomorrow so I am not sure if I will be posting tomorrow night. I hope everyone else had an equally better day than Monday went, regardless of how nice your Monday was!

5 comments:

Sha and Michelle said...

to your previous post about the cats: try going to petsmart they have a dog/cat repellent you can try.

Anonymous said...

Anthony is learning how to shoot the BB Gun if it will help with the cats!

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO you may not kill the cats!

Sha and Michelle said...

NO BB Guns!!!

Sha and Michelle said...

on another note - I've started posting pictures from our trip to the American Girl store...I haven't finished yet, but some cute ones of Jamie and Annie are up. LOL.