Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Checkbook Cover

Last Friday, I ordered Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. Amazingly enough, it showed up on our doorstep on Saturday! I completed my first project last night, and I just love it. As my mother enjoyed pointing out today, my checkbook was a mess. I had ripped it from stuffing it full of receipts and savings books and just shoving things into it. Now I have this beautiful new cover:



I love the fabric! I saw it at JoAnn's for the first time on Sunday and snatched some up.



I thought this fabric contrasted it well.



The only thing I don't like about it is that it is too small to put my receipts in until my bank statement comes. I put an envelope in my purse for them. I also have to leave our savings books in a pocket in my purse. I think I am going to try to make another one that is bigger so that I can fit my stuff in it!

My mom (who is much smarter than me) pointed out today that I could just sew the seam where I was supposed to cut on the fold for my bag so I did that and go the entire outside put together tonight. Tomorrow, I can hopefully make a lot of progress on the lining and get is finished up! Joel's next softball game is Thursday and I would love to have it finished for that!

Funny story of the day:

Joel brought home a knitting book for baby hats from the library a few days ago. There are so many cute things in there! It makes me want to practice my knitting some more. Pnut and I were looking at it tonight, and the babies were all very cute. One of them must have really caught her eye though because she said, "Where can we get one of those?" I asked her if she meant the hat, and she said, "No. I want that baby." She is only two. We are not ready for this discussion yet!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am not smarter than you, just more experienced.

Did you tell Elsie that you already got one of those and her name is Lily?