Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Tablecloth

I was recently reading Tollipop and was inspired by her table. I get so frustrated because I try to keep our table clean, but it seems to be the spot that collects things. Her table had a pretty tablecloth and candles and seemed like such a nice place to eat supper. Sometimes we just have to push things out of our way to make room for our plates. So I decided to make a tablecloth in hopes that that will help me keep the table cleaned off. Here is our table before (after I had cleaned it off):



I liked the country table look, but it was just too easy to pile things on it.



Here it is with the new cloth and our candle and smelling flowers. Pnut was so excited that she wanted to eat right away!

Here is a closeup of the detail:



Yellow is my favorite color. I like that the tablecloth seems to have made the kitchen more cheerful.

A few weeks ago I won a giveaway and won an Amy Butler purse pattern. I finally got the material and was cutting it out. I had the outside already cut out and was cutting the main inside pieces...and I realized that I had placed the wrong edge on the fold. You can imagine my annoyance. You know the real estate commercial where the people kick themselves in the butt? That was me. So now I hope that there is still this material at JoAnn's. It was on clearnace. Hopefully no one else liked it. I only need like an extra 3/4 yard or so. I hope, I hope!

I will leave you with these pictures because they are happier than my thoughts about myself right now!



As I have mentioned before, Pnut no longer likes to have her picture taken. She kept ducking down and this was the best one I got!



I just had to share Pilly in her little capris (also known as 6-9 month pants). I didn't think there was anything cuter than a baby in a little t-shirt, but I think a baby in rolled up capris is too sweet!

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: