
It was in the 80's yesterday when I was working on it. With the heat reflecting off of the cement, I think it was somewhere near 110 degrees, give or take a few.

I think these were verbena or something like that. Or maybe I am just making that up in my imagination. There are reds, pinks, two shades of purple, and white. I am excited to see them when they start to spread out!

This is my hanging basket that I just love. These were actually the colors for our wedding! I love blue and yellow:)

I have two planters with pansies in. Those naughty little things turned their face when I took my picture, and I didn't notice until I put it up. They are lovely and smell wonderful. Of course, Joel doesn't like them. I don't think he likes flowers anyways. Isn't that just like a man?! {Does anyone know the reference?:)}
I got to go to Home Depot yesterday and Lowe's today. Is it odd that I love home improvement stores? Probably because I spent half of my childhood in them with my parents. My dad has an insatiable appetite for projects. I love the smell when you walk in, all the lovely nuts and bolts and fixtures to look. I love knowing that something beautiful is going to come together out of all the scattered pieces.
Friday I bought the fabric for my curtains for the downstairs' windows. My goal is to have them all completed and up by next Monday morning when I am hosting Mom's Group. I am sabotaging myself by watching 2.5 hours of British comedy on PBS last night and reading for the evening tonight. My brain must think I work best under pressure. I don't. I'll get on the ball soon:)
I hope you had a lovely weekend! We are going to have a wonderful week of weather here!
2 comments:
Your little garden looks lovely and I am jealous!
I so need to get some plants and it is not even funny....everything will be past season by the time I finally get my badly managed gardening skills on the move:)
I can't wait to see them after they have blossomed a bit.
<3 sarasophia
I still look for the door bell section when in Lowe's. I must also confess a love of the home improvement smell
Post a Comment