1 14.5 oz can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 t jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 c yellow onion (diced)
1/2-3/4 t garlic salt
1/2 t cumin
1/4 t sugar
1. In food processor, place jalapenos and onions and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but still slightly chunky...not pureed.
4. Place in covered container and chill. It will get better with time.
Okay, so I was going to tell you to cut the jalapenos in half, but as I was typing it out, I realized that it was four teaspoons of them...not four tablespoons. That will make a significant difference in how spicy it is!
This is supposed to taste like Chili's salsa, and it really does. I was impressed with how closely it mimics the flavors. Theirs is one of the only salsas I like (honestly, I can't name any others). I doesn't taste canned, and there is no flavor of tomato paste in it. It shouldn't be too spicy if you make it correctly. Or perhaps you like it spicy. In that case, please use four tablespoons of jalapenos.
Oh brother, my dad is getting some tomorrow to sample. I told him we could cut the amount of peppers in half the next time. Now I will have to fess up about the mistake I made! He is going to plant the ingredients in his garden so we can make our own. I love this stuff! Pnut likes it too, which is great because she doesn't really eat vegetables except raw carrots so this is full of nutrition for her!

This picture is in no way salsa related. Enjoy!
1 comment:
So remember I was telling you about the guys at my work - how one is my co-worker and the other is a friend of his (and that I think the friend is kinda cute???)
Well, tonight me and the "friend" hung out - for several hours!!!
I talked to him when he first came into the theater and I let him know I'd like to watch some of the movie with him when I got off work.
I got off work at 11pm and went into the movie he was in (Adventureland) - we watched the rest of the movie together - it let out at about 12am.
Then we hung out in the parking lot and talked 'til about 1am.
The parking lot lights went out on us, so then he asked if I would like to go with him to a restaurant so that we could keep talking.
I told him sure - but that I didn't know my way around Austin yet, and asked if we could take his car so I wouldn't get lost.
We went to Denny's (my favorite night hangout) and we talked for a few more hours. It was 3:30am when he dropped me off at my car.
He has to be somewhere at 7am!! I'm off -so I can sleep in!!
It was a fun night!!!
Post a Comment