Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yard Sale Time!

I am in full clean-out mode!  We are having a yard sale Saturday, and I do love to get rid of stuff.  It is almost a hobby of mine so the opportunity to get rid of so much stuff really makes me happy!  Of course, we will still have more than enough stuff in our house, but it is nice to get rid of anything that I can!  I still have to work on the kids room and the basement playroom.  I went through movies today and now need to go through games.  It is hard to remember that eventually we may way to play some of these things with LB so I can't just get rid of things willy-nilly. 

We are supposed to pick up our first raw milk tomorrow, and I'm really excited about that.  LB hasn't had milk for 2 weeks, and I would like to get him back on it.  He doesn't seem to love the almond milk.  He will drink it if it is the only thing in his cup all day, but he doesn't seem to love it.  I tried ti this morning, it is almond with coconut milk, and I didn't care for it at all.  I don't like the taste of coconut water either, and the coconut came through really strong!  I told the guy I only needed two gallons of milk, but I kind of want another one so that I can make yogurt.  LB's diet has really been lacking since he has been taken off the pasteurized junk! I am very interested to try the milk as the cows are grass fed not grain fed, which is supposed to change the taste.  Hopefully the girls don't rebel!  Joel isn't even willing to try it.  I'm trying to figure out how to sneak it to him because I think he would really like it!  He loves whole milk, and this should be even better because it still has the cream!  Husbands can be so stubborn sometimes!

I've been making Ezekiel bread for our sandwiches, and I have to make a loaf every other day.  I am purposely not buying bread at the grocery store so that I don't have a choice.  It does make our days interesting sometimes, and I need to make sure I plan well.  Monday I had to do it first thing when I got up at 6 as we were going to the nursing home.  I prepared 11 bags of dry ingredients so that they are ready to just throw in the mixer when it is time.  Of course, I forgot to buy yeast.  I have some, it just doesn't seem to be very effective.  Oh well, it still tastes good.

Well, I am going to go get rid of some more stuff!

No comments: