I am afraid of chickens. Not only the living, breathing, people-chasing bird, but also the dead ones that you have to cook. They intimidate me. Roasting a whole chicken?! That is serious stuff. I don't want to undercook it and have us all die of food poisoning. But today I cooked one all by myself. And I am still here to tell of it. Joel discovered a site awhile ago called amateur gourmet. He has a wonderful tutorial video about cooking chicken so that it comes out moist. It is different than I have seen it done before. The link to the chicken part is here. It only took 1 h, 45 m to cook a 7 pound chicken. That seems short to me. The breast meat is moist and delicious. It is covered in salt so you know that is good. He also puts potatoes in the pan and they are so yummy. Be intimidated by the dead birds no more! I can't say anything about the live ones though.
Tonight, my plan is to sew the binding on two more curtain panels and hopefully finish them. I have to get one more thing of binding to do the last panel. I am hoping to go to JoAnn's soon. I have this really cool Valentine's Day idea that I want to share. I just love Valentine's Day!
My little baby is not feeling so well. She is looking like the Pnut did the other night so I am going to go cuddle her on the couch while we watch the first part of Sesame Street.
1 comment:
My favorite thing to do with a whole chicken is get one of those "Oven Stuffer Roasters" and put the whole thing in the crock put with some water and some spices sprinkled on the chicken (salt, pepper, garlic, italian seasoning, poultry seasoning). Let it cook all day on low, and when you're ready to take it out, it falls off the bone and is so moist! No need to fear! :)
~ Merry Jo :)
Post a Comment