
3 C. all-purpose flour
4 t. baking powder
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
4 large eggs
2/3 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. pumpkin puree
1 1/4 C. milk
1/2 C. molasses
1/2 C. melted butter
Preheat waffle iron
1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses, and melted butter.
3. Stire the wet into dry until just moist. Do not overstir the batter.
4. Grease waffle iron and put batter on. Repeat until finished.
Notes: We had these this morning for breakfast, and they were delicious. We didn't have any nutmeg to go in, and I forgot the cinnamon, and they still tasted great! They were moist and sweet. We didn't even put syrup on them. You can use either canned pumpkin or your own puree.
The recipe says it will make 4 waffles. I guess that must be a huge waffle maker because mine made 13! I have a circular one, and I don't think it is smaller than a normal one. So, you can cut the recipe!! We will freeze them, I just hope they aren't freezer burnt by the time we get to the last ones.
We are going to get Pilly's picture taken and then to Baltimore tomorrow so we will be away for the day tomorrow. Tonight, Carolyn is going to help me sort out all of my jewelry-making problems. She just doesn't know it yet:) Have a great day and weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment