
This is a squirrel. A very friendly squirrel. A squirrel who thought that we ought to have a treat for him.

This is a groundhog. He did not think that he needed to be so friendly as his buddy Squirrel and scampered away when he noticed me trying to get close to him.

This is a little girl who likes to hang. She also likes treats.

This bigger little girl performed some new tricks for us. She learned how to hand from her knees with no hands (with help). She also likes treats, and really, she thinks that is all we should eat, regardless of the rules of nutrition.

Pnut was so excited to see the motorcycle. Pap rides a motorcycle, you know.
These pictures are from the playground we visited Friday with the girls. We were going to go to a beach, but it was a little chilly. Instead, we went to a waterfront park near Joel's grandmother's. Pnut thought that we ought to swim anyways. Umm, no. In case you are wondering, Chesapeake Bay water stinks.

Pilly walked in the sand after we carried her over it to keep her feet clean. She didn't care about the plans of her parents!

What a nice place for a picnic!

Look Dad! You can jump in there and hold me!
So this was our last official day of vacation. We returned home on Saturday with one feverish child and another slightly cranky one. Naps were missed three of the four days we were there and we were not home so sleeping just wasn't as good in general. It was so nice to be able to go away and relax, and we so appreciate Joel's grandmother letting us come and stay and disturb her life for most of a week, but it is wonderful to be home! It was also nice that Joel didn't have to return to work until Tuesday!
Tonight, I am going to work on some sewing projects. Soon I will post some pictures of my new sewing shelves. Joel found a bookcase at the mission and it is wonderful! So much more organized. I do like to be organized, whether you may be able to tell from our house or not!
First, I have to eat an ice cream sandwich. Then I will sew. Have a happy evening!
2 comments:
I shot a ground hog on monday with my .22 :-) you missed it!
I have never seen a ground hog for real before!!! Is that a regular thing there?????
Post a Comment