Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple Crisp and Curtains

Mom's group was here this morning so I needed to make a dessert. Somehow my brain forgot about this before we went to the grocery store last week. Then I thought about apple crisp. It is such a perfect fall food. The ingredients are ones that I usually have on hand too! I like apple desserts for that reason!

4 c sliced apples ( I just used three apples)
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/3 c butter
3/4 t cinnamon
3/4 t nutmeg (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Arrange apples in greased square pan (8x8). Mix remaining ingredients using a pastry blender; sprinkle over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Serve warm. You can put ice cream on top, which would be really good!

Yesterday, Joel made cupcakes for a treat. The girls were pretty excited about getting to eat some.



Isn't Pnut's dress cute? I never can find material that looks like this!



This child basically ate the icing and any cake that may have been attached to icing and then proceeded to crumble the rest. She is on cupcake restriction. (Could her eyes get any bigger?!)

Because I was having mom's group today, I wanted to get things cleaned up and get the final set of curtains done. However, I didn't have time to work on them Saturday as had been the plan. So I decided to start them Sunday afternoon. And of course once I started them, I had to finish them. I broke my rule about not staying up late to work on projects anymore and was up past 11:00. I paid for that today! But I did finish those curtains:)



This is a close-up of the border:



I do like them, especially against the brick. They look nice with the green trim too. I don't think the first picture does them justice, which we all know is due to my sadly lacking photography skills. You all should just be thankful that these photos are relatively in focus is all I can say.

I have set myself up for a flurry of activity tomorrow as well. I have a gift to make for a Friday baby shower, but I have to take it to Jackie's on Wednesday, and I neglected to start it tonight. All thanks to you Bill O'Reilly. So we will see if I can get it done. If not, I will have to take it to my friend some other time. Preferably before the baby comes.

An update about my friend Grace who was burned: She had her skin graft surgery on Saturday. Pray that her body will heal quickly and that the pain will be tolerable. They were going to check again if she could be extubated today. I haven't heard yet whether they were able to or not. Please pray that if it didn't happen today, it will soon. The longer you are on a ventilator breathing, the harder it is for your body to do it on it's own once you come off. It also can increase the chance of getting pneumonia so I really hope that she is off already today! Just pray for strength for her husband and family and grace to get them through this. Thanks!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful start to their week:)

No comments: