Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hash Brown Casserole



I made this for Bible study this morning. It disappeared rather quickly! The top was perfectly crispy-crunchy. I now have a request to make it for our retreat.

This is also from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur on page 109.

1 26-ounce bag frozen hash browns (I used shredded)
2 c shredded Colby cheese
1/4 c minced onion
1 c milk
1/2 beef stock or canned broth
2 T butter, melted, separated in half
Dash garlic powder
1 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 and combine hash browns, cheese, and onions. You will have to use a relatively large bowl. Mix all of the other ingredients in a separate bowl with only half the butter. Pour over the hash brown mixture. Melt the other half of the butter in a skillet and pour the hash browns in. Keep on oven until cheese has melted then transfer to a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes until crunchy and slightly browned.

I omitted the onion from the dish. There are dishes that onions add to, but I do not think that baked hash browns is one of those items. I could only find a 30 ounce bag of hash browns so I just guesstimated how much was 24 ounces. The cheese seems like a small amount when compared to the hash browns, but it turned out perfectly. This really was a great dish!

Children, would you like to know how to charm your parents and make them think that you are the sweetest kids ever? Gather your nearest sibling and listen closely:

First, ask your little sister if she wants to read a book



Then invite her up on the couch beside you and proceed to read to her.



*Sigh* They love each other :)

I wanted to update you on Grace and thank you for your prayers. She was able to be extubated yesterday morning and is recovering. She is hopefully soon going to be moved out of the busy part of the burn center to a room with a door because it is hard to sleep with all of the noise. Her throat, from what I gather is understandably sore. Pray for continued healing and patience for her and Lamar. Praise the Lord for what he has done!

In other news, quite bad, the final season of Lost is going to be split up because of the Olympics. How lame is that?! We don't want to see the Olympics. We need to know what happens to the people on Lost Island!!

Well, tonight I am going to try to finish up a lot of my Pay It Forward. How long have I been saying that? But really, I am tonight. I have two hours to work until I head upstairs so I need to get on that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm bummed I didn't get to try any hash brown casserole - it looks good though. And the girls are sooo cute! Makes me really want to have another one!!

Anonymous said...

Hey again, this is Cheryl and it was me in that last comment as well :)