

I always use cookie cutters to cut out the girls sandwiches. They eat them much better if the sandwich is shaped like a heart or a dinosaur. I saw this in a Martha Stewart book, however, and thought it looked pretty cute. You have to use rather small cookie cutters, but they looked really pretty! Pnut didn't like it as much. Hers was the candy cane, and there wasn't much for her to hold onto that wasn't messy.
Last Thursday, Carolyn and I made our wreaths while watching Home Alone 2 and having fun talking and giggling. We really like the way they turned out! I don't think these pictures give them justice, but it will give you a rough idea.

That fake garland is super-poky, probably pokier than working with real pine branches!

We intertwined red berry branches throughout to give it a nice amount of red sprinkled over the whole thing. Carolyn took her time with this more than I did, and hers looked better:) We also had little silver bells that we secured to branches with flower wire. I put two bells together, and it looked better than just one. One would have gotten lost amongst the greenery.

We also put dull red glass balls throughout and really loved the way they looked!

There is space in the middle for a jar candle, and it really make the table feel festive. It should be noted that we learned that I cannot tie a bow to save my life. They flip over and twist and are generally unruly. Carolyn has the magic touch!
Tomorrow I will have a fun post of our storm-filled weekend!
1 comment:
We actually found a dinosaur sandwich cutter at Wal Mart last year! It's shaped like a piece of bread and cuts it so that there is no waste. Beautiful wreath!
Post a Comment