Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Going Back To Where I Came From

The children and I are going back to where I grew up this weekend.  Joel has things going on, and besides, he thinks it is boring there.  I am excited to go because I haven't been there in over a year.  I had a wonderful childhood, and while I know so many things have changed, quick visits still make it seem ideal.  Pnut is excited because we are going to a "new" church.  New to her anyways.  I'm surprised she is excited since she loves her Sunday School teacher and hates new places that she has to go without her parents.  Maybe having her cousins there is helping her cope.

This makes either the third or fourth time I have been away from Joel in our entire marriage (almost 6 years).  We don't spend time apart overnight often, for which I am thankful.  It is hard for me to leave him.  I'm such a wimp.  I'll also be driving, which I'm not thrilled with.  I don't really enjoy driving, let alone 2 hours.  At least Randa and I will be meeting up and going together part of the way.

LB has officially tried carrots, and last night he didn't think they were that great.  However, he ate all that I had portioned out for him tonight, the first time he has done that since he started food Sunday night.  So that is a good sign, right?  I kind of think I could stop and wait a little while longer, but I don't know.  I don't think he cares!  Oh babies, they are so confusing.

Next Friday is the homeschool conference where I will be checking out curriculum.  I pretty much know what I am getting for next year, but it'll be fun to look.  I love this kind of stuff!  It's as good as getting to go to an office supply store (HA!). 

So enjoy your weekend and I should be back Monday!

No comments: