Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

We had a nice, quiet day.  It was raining so Pnut and I didn't get to go to the track.  We are doing the Couch to 5K, but I am having to adjust the schedule for her.  It is fine with me, and I am enjoying getting regular exercise!  We are supposed to step it up a notch this week so I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow morning and we can go to the track!

We went to the nursing home for our monthly visit and then to the grocery store where the girls picked some interesting food for their lunch.  We did school in the afternoon, and Pnut is just doing so well with her school.  She is enjoying both reading and math right now, and she is reading beautifully!  She isn't really sounding many words out anymore, and she is enjoying reading to both her sister and brother. 

We went to the library book sale tonight.  It was full of many temptations.  One thing that kept me from picking out more books is that some of them I can't tell if they are abridged or not.  I thought I had one that wasn't as it didn't say anything in the cover, and then I found another copy that was older (less likely to be abridged) and it had more in it than the one I was holding.  When editors abridge books, they tend to take out some of the moral content and also sometimes dumb down the language.  I'm trying to now fill out our library with only unabridged books.  It's amazing how much people mess with!

No comments: