Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finales and Projects

Tonight is the last night for The Office and 30 Rock, and in some ways, I am glad. I am getting some sewing energy back and want to get started so I won't have TV in the way anymore. The only thing that I can think of that I am interested for the summer is that game with the big balls that are in the obstacle course. Now I can't think of the title! Oh well. Maybe I don't need to watch it then!

On tap are several projects: I need to do the last set of curtains, make Pnut her Curious George pants and pillowcase. I might make Pilly some pants too. I also want to make the girls each an outfit for summer. In my head, I have a pattern for a sun dress for the girls. However, I need to transfer it to paper and try it out on some muslin first. I've never done that before so it should be exciting. I also have to make a twirly skirt for Pnut's friend who is having a birthday party at the end of the month. Hmm, that really is a lot of things to work on. I am excited for next week!

Carolyn came this morning, and we played Candy Land: The Castle and a Fisher Price fishing game. We also Aquadoodled and Pnut got to play with some beads. Then as Lyn was getting ready to go, my mom came for lunch. She painted Pnut's nails, which she is still admiring, and our hour with her went really fast. Nap flew by, and then we played in the basement for an hour and then Joel was home. The evening went on wings and the girls went to bed early. Pnut keeps getting up at 6:00 and is just really tired. She hasn't been napping any longer so that is disappointing, but hopefully going to bed early will help some.

We have a picnic after church on Sunday, and we are just signed up for chips. However, I have a dessert that I want to try out. It is a strawberry shortcake cake that is on Pioneer Woman's site. It will all depend if we can go to the grocery store for the ingredients because I don't have them. It looks so yummy though!

Have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Sha and Michelle said...

my aunt is taking me to a church tomorrow.

we've never been to this one - but she is trying to help me find one that i would like.

hopefully i will.

P.S. you sure like to stay busy!!!

sarasophia said...

I completely understand your readiness for "T.V. season" to end. I have the hardest time pacing myself (we don't have cable--bad for the kiddos--and watch everything by hooking our Mac up to the flatscreen) and not staying up all night on Hulu:P

Please post pics of what you make in all your "episode free" time.

<3 sarasophia