Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

What a Busy Time!


I finally completed a piece of clothing for myself! There is a tutorial on Sew Mama Sew for this shirt. It was somewhat challenging...probably not for a more experienced seamstress, but I have never made a shirt before. I loved the green color! If I were to make it again, I probably wouldn't put the ruffle on the sleeves. They are a little annoying. I might also put a contrast band around the bottom. This was also the first time I have ever done pleats. They weren't difficult, just a little time consuming.

If I am ever able to take a picture with my eyes completely open, I will post it. But until that time, all you are going to get is pictures of things on hangers!

We have had such a busy four days! Thursday night, we had a picnic with our friends the Hershey's. Then there was softball followed by ice cream at Brad and Jackie's, which also included bubbles. The girls loved it! I think Pilly was just going to stay out on the porch all night. She was out there all by herself and didn't care!!

Pnut went to work with Daddy on Friday and had a ball. She is still talking about it. She helped him by pushing boxes around in the truck and riding on the carts. Meanwhile, thank goodness it was cleaning day here! It is so quiet without her! I put poor little slave Pilly to work:



She actually did well playing most of the time by herself while I cleaned. I think she enjoyed not having anyone take toys from her. I enjoyed that too.

Saturday we went to some yard sales and got some good deals. I got my hair cut in the evening and we used the last of our monthly eating out budget for Chili's. I had bacon, chicken, and ranch tacos with their new salsa ranch sauce. Oh heavens...it was wonderful! The sauce is also good on french fries and mashed potatoes. Probably anything you stick in there would taste good. Sunday we had church and Target and we watched Curious George The Movie. Every Sunday we watch a movie together, which has been fun. Today, we went to my grandparents' house for a picnic with family. I beat four men at croquet. It was a good day:)

Pnut has been taking her medicine since last Wednesday and everything has cleared up. I was going to try taking her back to the playground tomorrow to see if she had a reaction, but it is supposed to rain so we will see. We weren't sure if there was something there that could be causing it, but we have been going there for quite a while so don't see how it could be. However, I am going to try her off the medicine on Wednesday so I would like to know before I take her off. I could wait until Thursday to take her off if I need to. If she is not completely better in three weeks, we will have to take her back. Yuck!

Now it is time for me to go relax. I have a good book and some tea to drink. I just want you all to know how much I love my children: I broke all of the pieces of the Cooties game out so that it is ready to play tomorrow. If you have ever done this, you understand!

No comments: